RandomListNode *newnode = new RandomListNode(head->label);

if(head->random)
            newnode->random = new RandomListNode(head->random->label);

newnode->next = copyRandomList(head->next);
            return newnode;
        }
    };

W

Hi, I think your code might exist some problems.
    In you code, the random pointer points a to a new space, which is irrelevant to the new linked list. But I think the address of the random pointer and the corresponding node in a linked list should be the same.

For example: A random linked list. 1 -> 2 -> nullptr ( 1's random pointer also points at 2.). In this case, 1's random pointer's address should be the same as the address of the node whose label is 2.

E

Well, yes you're right. I didn't consider the situation you mentioned. The code was accepted and I thought it is right. Thank you for pointing out this mistake. Do you know how to rectify the recursive method ? I didn't come up with a right answer using recursion.

W

@euphoriaa
    Hi. My solution is to use two maps to store all info of the linked list and make a deep copy by the order(index) in the map to ensure the same reference.
    For recursive method, Sorry I'm not proficient in it. :) I think the assignment of the random pointer should be after completion of the construction of a linked list.(But also need other info to record the index.)

class Solution {
    public:
        RandomListNode *copyRandomList(RandomListNode *head) {
            if(!head) return head;

RandomListNode *newnode = new RandomListNode(head->label);

newnode->next = copyRandomList(head->next);

// need other manipulations to find the exact index of the random pointer
            // with the help of pointer:head.
            newnode->random = ptr; 
            return newnode;
        }
    };

hope it helps you! :)

E

@wysqh Hi, thanks for your help! !

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.