Without using bin(,2). Can anybody give me one line code convert decimal to binary?

def addBinary(self, a, b):
        la=list(a)[::-1]
        lb=list(b)[::-1]
        aa=sum([ int(v)*2**i for i,v in enumerate(la)])#otherwise use aa==int(a,2)
        bb=sum([ int(v)*2**i for i,v in enumerate(lb)])
        res=aa+bb
        return str(bin(res))[2:]#Can anybody give one line code to convert decimal to binary without using bin()?

Convert decimal to binary? You don't make sense. Where do you have decimal? Nowhere. You only have an int! Your str(bin(res)) also doesn't make sense, as bin of course already gives you a string, so applying str is completely pointless.

Also, what's wrong with bin?

Anyway, here's an alternative: '{:b}'.format(res)

well, thank you for ur suggestion of using '{:b}'.format(res)
    Yes, what's wrong with bin? I guess here I am looking for some more analytic way of calculating the binary instead of calling those build-in functions. The same problem in your suggestion, I am asking for clean self-coding efficient method.

well, to answer ur question, int belongs to decimal, and what's wrong by calling str() outside a string? If you are sure it returns a string, that is redundant, but I was not sure, so I just double check it.

I am asking for clean self-coding efficient method.

I don't think that's possible in one line. Well, I see a way to do it "in one line":

b = lambda n: b(n/2) + str(n%2) if n else ''; return  b(res) or '0'

But I that's neither clean nor efficient :-)

int belongs to decimal

Huh? What do you mean?

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.