Use of websites for reference?

O

This is really late notice, but does anyone know if we are allowed to look at language reference websites? For example, I will code in c++ so would I be able to look at the documentation on cplusplus.com?
    Also, this is less likely but is looking at stack overflow posts okay? Just checking. Let me know, thanks.

@olucafont6 Yes, looking online for reference is okay as long as you don't plagiarize. In other words, looking for a specific usage of how unordered_set is used is okay. But looking for the exact solution online, then copy the code and submit it is considered as plagiarism and will get you disqualified.

O

Thanks!!! Starting now!

P

@1337c0d3r What if author released the code for usage - like acm preparation library, etc? It is like using stl, sometimes you just have to mention the author's name above the algorhitm and you should be good to go.

Otherwise it would be pointless to find some ready solution and just refurbish it, not to be considered plagiarism. The core responsibility lies on the problemsetter to provide such a problem, that there is no online solution available. He should search the web first. If problemsetter did that wrong and somebody found ready solution, he should be able to use it.

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.