Test Case Seems Wrong

P

I think the following test case seems incorrect. This test case seems to be picking a recently "set" item over a less recently "get" item for eviction.

set 1,1
    set 2,2
    get 2
    get 1
    get 2
    set 3,3 <-- 3,3 is now more recent than 2,2 or 1,1 (However, the test case seems to be imply the opposite.)

Or am I missing something?

["LFUCache","set","set","get","get","get","set","set","get","get","get","get"]
    [[3],[2,2],[1,1],[2],[1],[2],[3,3],[4,4],[3],[2],[1],[4]]
    Output:
    [null,null,null,2,1,2,null,null,3,2,-1,4]
    Expected:
    [null,null,null,2,1,2,null,null,-1,2,1,4]

S

Among 6 operations (set and get) to get your cache full before evict, '3' is accessed one time. Thus, it will be evicted when you set 4,4

M

It's a LFU(Least Frequently Used) cache and ur output show me that u deal the problem as a LRU(Least Recently Used) cache.

When the key 4 is setted, the key 1 has been used twice, the key 2 has been used three times and the key 3 has been used only once, so we delete the key 3 to add the key 4 to the cache.

@pmoosman

P

@Mxxx Oh. Ok. You are correct. I was thinking Least Recently Used, not Least Frequently Used. My bad. Thanks.

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.