Two line brute force, Three line hash approach (Python, code golf)

This is in reply to Accepted Python Solution 4 lines. I wanted to take you up on a game of code golf ;) although my use of generator expressions may be considered less readable.

Brute Force in 2 lines, O(n^2) time, O(1) space:
    (Edited first solution thanks to advice from StefanPochmann!)

def twoSum(s,n,t):
      return [[i,n.index(t-x)] for i,x in enumerate(n) if t-x in n[:i]][0]

Hash approach in 3 lines, O(n) time and space (two passes):

def twoSum(self, xs, sum):
      d = {x:i for i,x in enumerate(xs)}
      return next([i,d[sum-x]] for i,x in enumerate(xs) if sum-x in d and i!=d[sum-x])

Note the dict comprehensions [1] as well. This is super handy in interviews and works similarly for sets (omit the : symbol).

[1] PEP uses "expression" and "comprehension" interchangeably in this context, as they are (transitively, via other languages) inspired by "set comprehensions" in mathematics.

For code golf, you're using far too many unnecessary characters :-)
    (spaces and variable names longer than one character)

Your first version is wrong and doesn't get accepted. Update: got fixed.

Shorter hash approach:

def twoSum(_,n,t):
     j={x:i for i,x in enumerate(n)}
     return[[i,j[t-x]]for i,x in enumerate(n)if j.get(t-x)>i][0]

Aha, quite right :) I was only measuring lines at the time. And that bug! That's what I get for editing my code directly in the post without checking it.

Thanks! I updated the first approach above, but left the other one as is so your shorter hash approach would still make sense.

Oh, and cool use of j.get(...) instead of j[...]. I never thought to check what the difference was.

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.