S

@withacup So clever!

S

@withacup Can you explian:

while (cur % 10 == 0)
    cur /= 10; ?

@sangshuhao7
    Thanks for your reply!
    To calculate the next lexicographical number for any number X, there is only two scenarios to consider:

• If we can add a trailing zero to it, then the next number is X * 10, because X * 10 is always the lexicographically smallest number bigger than X.
    • If X * 10 is bigger than the given number n, then the next smallest number can be generated by increasing X's least significant digit by 1. We have two sub-scenarios under this particular situation:
      • If X == n, then X + 1 is bigger than n, we need increase the second least significant digit in X, so we have if(cur == n) cur /= 10;
      • After we increased the number, we still need to take care another problem:
        • If the increased number has no trailing zeros, we can safely add it to result.
        • Otherwise we need to get rid of the trailing zeros, the reason is:
          If the increased number has trailing zero/zeros, that mean we are actually increasing the digit right before the trailing zero
          E.g. the next number to 1999 is 2, not 2000, because by adding 1 to the least significant digit, the first digit in 1999, which is the most significant digit, changed into 2.

L

Clever solution. Thank you !

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.