AUG!!! Clean backtracking, 5ms. In JAVA with comment ,Let's discuss the time complexity of this method.

Hey guys, if the target is V, the minimum number of candidate is M, and the length of candidate is L, is the time complexity O(LlogL + V/M*L) ? Help me to figure this out, I appreciate it.

public class Solution {
        public List<List<Integer>> combinationSum2(int[] candidates, int target) {
            List<List<Integer>> result = new ArrayList<>();
            if(candidates == null || candidates.length == 0)
                return result;
    //Key 1: sort the array in ascending order.
            Arrays.sort(candidates);
            List<Integer> currentCombination = new ArrayList<>();
            combinationSumBacktracker(result, candidates, 0, target, currentCombination);
            return result;

}
        public void combinationSumBacktracker(List<List<Integer>> result, int[] candidates, int start, int target, List<Integer> previousCombination)
        {
    //Key 2: if start position is invalid or the first element is bigger than target.
    //then it is no need to continue. Since we sorted the array in ascending order        
            if(start >= candidates.length || candidates[start] > target)
                return;
            List<Integer> currentCombination = new ArrayList<>(previousCombination);
            for(int i = start ; i < candidates.length; i++)
            {
                currentCombination.add(candidates[i]);
                target -= candidates[i];
                if(0 == target)
                {
                    result.add(currentCombination);
                    return;
                }
    //Key 3, use i + 1 so that the next backtracking won't use the same element again.
    // if we use i for the next level, this method will the answer for problem 39! Cool !!!
                combinationSumBacktracker(result,candidates, i + 1, target, currentCombination);

target +=candidates[i];
                currentCombination.remove(currentCombination.size() - 1);
    //Key 4, find the last position where its value is the same with the current one
                while(i + 1 < candidates.length && candidates[i + 1] == candidates[i])
                {
                    i++;
                }
            }
        }
    }

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.