Leetcode Contest

What are your views about having contests in Leetcode?

@vinod23 Having contests will be awesome! Although it will require a lot of manpower to organize a contest, it will be fun! For example, setting and designing problems with stricter requirements in problem description and test cases design. Also you need some kind of code plagiarism detection tool to prevent cheating.

What do you have in mind?

@1337c0d3r Initially it could be hard, we can have small simple contests. More people will come to know about leetcode and they could also join our team. In this way we can gradually expand the diameter.

@vinod23 Yeah you are absolutely right. I've been thinking of organizing contests for quite some time. Thanks for suggesting this, will keep you updated on our progress.

BTW I have also talked with @StefanPochmann and he seems interested in organizing as well. Though he won't be able to participate in the contest if he helps in setting problems :p

@1337c0d3r yeah, that'll be fun. :)

If there will be contests in leetcode, I would totally support it!

Would love to help in organizing!! and of course would love to participate as well!

That would be extremely interesting, no need to search for contest elsewhere then. Good suggestion!

Hey, our first contest is here!

https://leetcode.com/contest/

The time will be this Saturday 5 pm PST. Does the time look okay to you guys?

@1337c0d3r said in Leetcode Contest:

Does the time look okay to you guys?

Hard to tell for me, especially without knowing how long it'll be :-)

@StefanPochmann It will last for 24 hours, so don't worry :)

@1337c0d3r Ha, ok, didn't expect that. Was thinking 1-5 hours or so. How will it be ranked? Will early solvers have an advantage?

So very amazing! Hope for its coming for so long! But what attendant could possibly get from the contest? Have some ideas?

@StefanPochmann I am writing the contest scoring rules. Yes, early solvers will have an advantage. The rank will be ordered according to:

1. The number of problems you solved.
    2. The time you took to finish solving the last accepted problem.
      a. Time penalty of 10 minutes will be added to your finish time for each incorrect submission (Compile error doesn't count). Note that time penalty will only be added after you solved the problem, otherwise it won't be counted. For example, if you did attempt a problem but did not solve it, no time penalty will be added to your finish time.

@LHearen We will plan on organizing contest regularly. Top ranked participants could win prizes, or get an interview with us :)

@1337c0d3r That's kind of awesome! Thank you so much for your effort! Hope Leetcode will be better and better.

@1337c0d3r awesome! looking forward!

Hey guys, I've just published the Contest FAQ. Please read the rules before the contest starts. Let me know if you have any questions.

A

Hello!
    My finish time in "Ranking of LeetCode Weekly Contest 3" is incorrect.
    Rank Name Score Finish Time Penalty Time
    132 / 619 antontodua 4 3 hours 34 minutes 7 seconds 4200

I have submitted all problems after about 1 hour and 20 minutes with 4200 penalty time. It should be about 2 hours and 30 minutes. I'm from Moscow and I have started my contest at 4:00 p.m. (Moscow time). I could not start earlier! But in time when I started I saw some participants already had finished the contest. So, it means the start time (start moment) of the contest is not the same for all participants.

Could you please tell is that bug?

UPDATE: Look at the screenshot:
    0_1472999022320_clipboard.png

@antontodua What time did you post your first contest submission? According to our records, your first contest submission was 1 hour 16 minutes after the contest started, which translates to your local time at 17:16. Is that correct?

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.