Java Solution with explanation

The following Youtube video is clearly explain this question, please review it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3hda49XcDE&list=PLrmLmBdmIlpuE5GEMDXWf0PWbBD9Ga1lO&index=1

Code:

public boolean isMatch(String s, String p) {
        int m = s.length(), n = p.length();
        boolean[][] dp = new boolean[m+1][n+1];

// s and p are all empty, they match
        dp[0][0] = true;

// deal with patterns like p = '*' which has nothing before *
        if(p.length() > 0 && p.charAt(0) == '*') return false;

// deal with patterns like 'a*' or 'a*b*' or 'a*b*c*'
        for(int j=1; j<n+1; j++) {
            if(p.charAt(j-1) == '*') dp[0][j] = dp[0][j-2];
        }

// the index of dp is 1 larger than s or p's index, because index 0 is for the empty string
        for(int i=1; i<m+1; i++) {
            for(int j=0; j<n+1; j++) {
                // add j>0 to make first column false, because pattern is empty but text is not
                if(j > 0 && (p.charAt(j-1) == s.charAt(i-1) || p.charAt(j-1) == '.')) {
                    // p and s is the same, or they can be seen as the same because of '.'
                    dp[i][j] = dp[i-1][j-1];
                } else if(j > 0 && p.charAt(j-1) == '*') {
                    // * matches 0 of the preceding element, so 'a*' these two characters could be removed
                    dp[i][j] = dp[i][j-2];

// * matches >=1 of preceding element
                    // we need to compare j-2 with i-1, because * only match the preceding element
                    if(p.charAt(j-2) == s.charAt(i-1) || p.charAt(j-2) == '.') {
                        dp[i][j] |= dp[i-1][j];     // don't forget to 'or' itself
                    }
                } else {
                    // p and s are regular characters, and they are not the same;
                    // or the first column which represents pattern is empty but text is not
                    dp[i][j] = false;
                }
            }
        }
        return dp[m][n];
    }

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.