pool = []
            n = len(nums)
            for i in xrange(n):
                if nums[i] not in pool:
                    if nums.count(nums[i]) > n/2:
                        return nums[i]
                    pool.append(nums[i])

C

I use a dict instead of your 'pool'. However, it's slower. Dont know how OJ works...

A

maybe there is some bug?i submit the same code,and i found i just beat 35.8%

P

is the pool only for efficiency thing? for example in 1112222 it gets the first 1 in pool and see its counts less than len/2, so later on when it scans the second and thrid 1, it will just pass. ago straight to nums[3] which is 2.?
    i guess if you don't use pool, it should still work>? just with more .count computation? i was trying this, and didn't get it work

@carlonelong Yes a dict should be more search efficient than a list. The overhead dominates the computation time so it could be quite random (run multiple times you could get quite different computational time). I have to admit that it is not ideal to compare the efficiency solely based on the one-time computation time. I will edit my post.

@acezio I think the computation time is mainly dominated by the overhead in such a small algorithm case.

@peng1774 Yes you are right! pool let you get pass those visited elements.

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.