Neat AC java code. O(n) time complexity.

H
    public boolean isPalindrome(int x) {
            int palindromeX = 0;
            int inputX = x;
            while(x>0){
                palindromeX = palindromeX*10 + (x % 10);
                x = x/10;
            }
            return palindromeX==inputX;	
        }

D

very nice try!

Y

consider int overflow ? such as 1000000003 and 3000000001 is overflow......

E

Amazing! Just add check condition as follows and u are done.
    if(x < 0 || x == Integer.MAX_VALUE)
    return false;

H

Good point! Actually I did not consider overflow when writing the code... But it turns out that overflow is automatically handled: palindromeX will result in a negative number because of overflow, and that makes it never equals to the input number x...

W

Same concern, it will be overflow for some case.

Z

use long long to store palindromeX

R

OJ considers negative numbers as non-palindrome. Though, your solution does not handles this case explicitly - seems to me that it is taken care of as a side effect of your algorithm. For ex: if x = -121, palindromeX = 121 by the end of the for loop which is not equal to x (-121). But, there is really no need to go through the for loop, you can return false if x < 0. Otherwise, very neat solution!

W

how to check negative numbers? it seems this doesn't work

T

Overflow doesn't mean it is negative number. It depends on how much you overflow.

would this be considered wrong since we cannot use extra space? Wouldn't an int be considered extra space?

Y

@hln9319 I think it can not solve the problem when the data id overflow.

P

@yomin we do not have to consider overflow, because when it is overflow, palindromeX !=inputX

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.