Not quite understand the question itself

H

Ok so we have N numbers in the array.
    Based on the desc, I need to find a number h, that A = {x>=h | x belongs to the array}, and B = {x <= h | x belongs to the array}. But |A| + |B| == N is not always true since there is overlapping in A and B sets.

So I guess based on Wikipedia B = {x < h | x belongs to the array}.

But if I'm quite a dumb guy (which is quite true) and all my 100 papers are all cited 0 times, which is to say the array only has 100 zeros, what would the h-index be?

I'm quite unclear how to interpret this h-index. Thanks for the help

S

Hi,

I came across a situation: given citations = [3, 1, 7, 8, 9]. What will be the answer be?

According to the definition of h-index on Wikipedia: "A scientist has index h if h of his/her N papers have at least h citations each, and the other N − h papers have no more than h citations each."

When h=3, the definition will be "A scientist has index 3 if 3 of his/her 5 papers have at least 3 citations each, and the other 2 papers have no more than 3 citations each." Obviously wrong....

When h=4, the definition will be "A scientist has index 4 if 4 of his/her 5 papers have at least 4 citations each, and the other 1 papers have no more than 4 citations each." Obviously wrong....

When h=2, the definition will be "A scientist has index 2 if 2 of his/her 5 papers have at least 2 citations each, and the other 3 papers have no more than 3 citations each." Obviously wrong....

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.