It get wrong on OJ, but test right in my local PC, I have checked that no global or static value

R
    struct length
    {
    	int count;
    	bool left;
    	bool right;
    };
    class Solution {
    public:
    int longestConsecutive(vector<int> &num) {
            unordered_map<int,length> map;
    		length l;
    		l.count=1;l.left=false;l.right=false;
    		for(int i=0;i<num.size();i++)
    		{
    			if(map.find(num.at(i))==map.end())
    				map[num.at(i)]=l;
    		}
    		unordered_map<int,length>::iterator it;
    		for(it=map.begin();it!=map.end();it++)
    		{
    			if(it->second.left==false)
    			{
    				if(map.find(it->first-1)!=map.end() && map[it->first-1].right==false)
    				{
    					int sumlength=map[it->first].count+map[it->first-1].count;
    					map[it->first].count=sumlength;
    					map[it->first-1].count=sumlength;
    					it->second.left=true;
    					map[it->first-1].right=true;
    				}
    			}
    			if(it->second.right==false)
    			{
    				if(map.find(it->first+1)!=map.end() && map[it->first+1].left==false)
    				{
    					int sumlength=map[it->first].count+map[it->first+1].count;
    					map[it->first].count=sumlength;
    					map[it->first+1].count=sumlength;
    					it->second.right=true;
    					map[it->first+1].left=true;
    				}
    			}
    		}

it=map.begin();
    		int max=it->second.count;
    		for(it=map.begin();it!=map.end();it++)
    		{
    			if(max<it->second.count)
    				max=it->second.count;
    		}
    		return max;
    }
    };

I test it right on my local PC, but run wrong on OJ on this sample

Input: [1,3,5,2,4]
    Output: 4
    Expected: 5

So I don't know if it is correct to define a struct for this submission, my PC get 5, but on OJ, it get 4. I don't know why? Could anybody help me to explain it? thanks a lot.

S

Please tell the idea of this code. It doesn't look super straight forward anyway.

S

Catch it!

Using std::map<int,length> instead of unordered_map. I am not sure about what the version of cpp you are using. I would say it is not same as our FAQ mentioned. However, as I far as I know, unordered_map won't make its key in order. This for(it=map.begin();it!=map.end();it++) won't work like a charm as a result.

Follow up, time complexity of std::map<int,length> is more than unordered_map. If I remember correctly, there is an elegant solution of this problem by getting rid of anything complex data structure.

R

I want to create hashtable, and then traverse each element, by merge neighbour element. The problem is longest consecutive elements. I don;t know it do not show what's the problem is, as I have choose the problem id ahead

R

It does not need to be key in order in my algorithm. I don't think hash table is complex, also map may exceed the time limited. Do you mean using radix sort instead of hash table? Why not support C++ 11? It's very useful! I can use command "g++ -o Longest LongestConsecutiveSeq.cpp -I. -std=c++0x" to compile it with C++11, but I can not choose the compile parameter in the leetcode server..... But I have get AC by using map, as it is not too strict for time : )

T

leetcode supports unordered_map, I assure you. I wonder whether we are allowed to use Boost.

R

Are you sure? Do you mean that you got ACs by using unordered_map? But how to explain my case, I got AC by using map instead of unordered_map?
    Also I am not sure whether boost are available, I don't think it's easy to use : )

T

I am quite sure, because my solution using ordered_map to the problem "Max points on a line" passed the test. So it supports C++11. The type declaration is as follows:
    typedef unordered_map<float, int> map;
    For using those facilities in Boost that don't require compilation, you'll find it's the same way using STL.
    For example, if you want to employ unordered_map: #include <boost/unordered_map.hpp>.
    Leetcode Judge is not rigorous. I even passed this question using sort(), which was totally wrong.

R

max points on a line has the lowest ac rate? Do you ac all problems?

T

No, not at all. I just finished 14 problems. I like using "pick one" to pick a problem to practice. It happend that the system picked that question for me.

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.