Maybe the simplest Python solution.

C

Since a tree is an undirected graph in which any two vertices are connected by exactly one path, the number of nodes should be 1 more than the number of edges. So the code should be very simple...

def validTree(self, n, edges):
        return n == len(edges) + 1

Already mentioned among the team, expect better test cases soon.

C

So Stephan you are a member of LeetCode team? Administrator?

Just a low level contributor.

I've just pushed some additional test cases, please try submitting again. And many thanks to @StefanPochmann for contributing one of the test cases! Stefan had contributed a lot to the LeetCode community posting amazing elegant solutions, reviewing almost every problem and test cases. LeetCode could not have achieved such popularity without your important contribution! Thanks Stefan!

C

An obvious counter example:
    4, [[0, 1], [0, 2], [1, 2]]

This graph is not connected and contains cycle. So it is not a tree.

C

Yes, correct, this solution can only pass at the beginning when test cases are not enough.

@1337c0d3r I think you're exaggerating a bit, but thanks, I'm happy when my stuff helps :-)

@caikehe Just in case you're wondering, I can see/solve problems before they're published, but if I do, I try to not get an "unfair advantage" and wait a bit before I post my solutions.

C

I see, I like your coding style while it is a little bit advanced!

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.