Why it expects [0] when the bits of Gray Code n equal to 0? I don't understand! Is there a code word with 0 bit?

I

My submission came out with wrong answer with the following hints:

Input:	0
    Output:	[]
    Expected:	[0]

I think that 0 bit Gray Code can not form any code word, so the right answer should be [], but not [0], which, in my perspective, means there is one code word can be form when n = 0.
    Am I wrong?
    my code:

class Solution {
    public:
        vector<int> grayCode(int n) {
    		vector<int> Gray;
    		if(n<1) return Gray;
    		Gray.push_back(0);
    		Gray.push_back(1);
    		for (int i = 1; i<n; ++i){
    			int len = Gray.size();
    			for (int j = len-1; j>=0; --j){
    				Gray.push_back(Gray[j]+ (1<<i));
    			}
    		}
    		return Gray;
        }
    };

S

Please notice this statement in the description of the problem:

A gray code sequence must begin with 0

That means: no matter what value n takes, the gray code sequence must contain at least one element, aka 0, at the beginning.

I

Oh, thanks! According to your answer, I searched Gray Code in Wikipedia, and the following statement is quoted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_code.

The one-bit Gray code is G1 = (0, 1). This can be thought of as built recursively as above from a zero-bit Gray code G0 = { Λ } consisting of a single entry of zero length.

Now I understood that leetcode just replaces Λ with a zero. Even though it is mathematically wrong, it is good for the recursive definition.

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.