while (beg<end) {
    	int sum = a[beg]+a[end];
    	if(sum == target)	{
    		returnSize[0] = beg+1;
    		returnSize[1] = end+1;
    	if(sum >target)
    	if(sum <target)
    return returnSize;

What do you mean by "can't output?" Could you be more specific? Did you mean the while loop didn't end? I guess you meant the output was just [0, 0]?

Looks like the code wanted to only run at most once to get the result. This code assumed that the input array a[] is already in ascending order, so it doesn't work in the case like a[] = [4, 2, 5, 6], target = 7. Then you might need to sort the array first, but the time complexity would include the sorting algorithm.

Also, the problem has been revised that the index of the solution starts with 0 instead of 1 so you don't need to use index + 1 for the solution anymore:

if (sum == target) {
        returnSize[0] = beg;
        returnSize[1] = end;

return returnSize;

I checked the function/method signature twoSum() in leetCode but did see int twoSum(int a[],int n,int target,int returnSize) in C, C++ nor Java.

The key idea is also to run through the list at most once to get the result. How to achieve that? When we iterate the array, we want to know if the current element is one of our results. To know if the current element if one of our results we have to have something to store the another_element -> current_element_index. Here another element means target - current_element. In addition to that, the time complexity to access the another element and its index should be least. So hash map can help us achieve this goal by storing another element as key and its index as the value.

For instance, when iterating the array [2, 3, 4, 6] and target is 7, let's say we are dealing with 3 now, so another element should be 7 - 3 = 4. We store the key with 4 and its value with current element = 3 index with 1. Then next time when we encounter 4, we can quickly know it's another element that we want by hashMap.containsKey(4). Then we output element 4's index and 3's index since we know element 3's index is hashMap.get(4).

like the Java code below:

public class Solution {
        public int[] twoSum(int[] nums, int target) {
            HashMap<Integer, Integer> map = new HashMap<Integer,Integer>();
            int[] res = new int[2];
            for(int i=0;i<nums.length;i++){
                    res[0] = map.get(nums[i]);
                    res[1] = i;
            return res;

the question is Two Sum II - Input array is sorted;
    and it request us to ouput from 1;

@221701107 Ahh, I see. Sorry about that.

I don't see any logical problem with this code. Could you be more specific regarding why error message you had?

This is the wrong answer;
    My output is nothing:

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.