Google Engineering Practicum Questions?

D

I just received word from Google that I am interviewing with them in two days. Has anyone any idea what they will ask/how difficult my practice questions should be?

Z

what did they ask you?

J

Phone interview ? I just had onsite.
    EDIT: I guess too late to respond. My experience is, Google interviewers like to keep going deep to find out how deep you can go (Simple to Difficult).
    I had question related to memory leak to kernel level memory (25min discussion) and then coding question related to strings

N

@JustVirtually what was the question about the memory leaks? Was it like a troubleshooting question... I have an SRE interview coming up.

I

@nomadicdude How did your SRE interview go? Do they ask much beyond usual algorithm questions?

D

@irontiger
    I was interviewed at a year level higher than I was based on credits (by credits I was a sophomore because of AP classes, but I’m only taking freshman computing classes). I didn’t get it, which I expected, but they didn’t send the general email rejection. They called to tell me that they liked me and thought I’d potentially fit in well, but wanted me to try for next summer (2019).

In my experience, I really enjoyed the people who interviewed me, though the second was hard to understand because of her accent. Super nice, though. The first question was infinitely harder for me than the second, as it had to do with data structures that I don’t know yet. The second question was a cakewalk, but I was so rattled from the first question that I stumbled a bit which was silly. I also did not get a 15 minute break, and was talking for two hours straight. Make sure you have water nearby.

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.