Wrong Answer on this one : [(0,9),(138,429),(115,359),(................]

H

I got a fail respond on this one and I don't know why.
    Wrong Answer on this one : [(0,9),(138,429),(115,359),(115,359),(-30,-102),(230,709),(-150,-686),(-135,-613),(-60,-248),(-161,-481),(207,639),(23,79),(-230,-691),(-115,-341),(92,289),(60,336),(-105,-467),(135,701),(-90,-394),(-184,-551),(150,774)]

Output: 11
    Expected: 12

Here is the code:

class Solution {
    public:
        int maxPoints(vector<Point> &points) {
            int point_num = points.size();
            int max_points = 0; //variable to store the max_points when traversing all the points
    	    for (int i = 0; i < point_num; ++i){ //i traverses all the points
    		    map<double, int> slope_map; //<slope, number>
    		    int duplicate = 0;
    		    for (int k = 0; k < point_num; ++k){ //k traverses all the other points to calculate all the slope the the point i
    			    if (k == i){ // if k traverses itself
    				    continue;
    			    }
    			    double slope = 0.0;
    			    if (points[k].x - points[i].x == 0){
    				    if (points[k].y - points[i].y == 0){
    					    ++duplicate;
    				    }
    				    else{
    					    slope = (double)INT_MAX;
    					    ++slope_map[slope];
    				    }
    			    }
    			    else{
    				    slope = (double)((points[k].y - points[i].y) / (points[k].x - points[i].x));
    				    ++slope_map[slope];
    			    }
    		    }
    		    max_points = duplicate + 1;
    		    for (map<double, int>::iterator it = slope_map.begin(); it != slope_map.end(); ++it){
    			    if (it->second + duplicate + 1> max_points){
    				    max_points = it->second + duplicate + 1;
    			    }
    		    }
    	    }
    	    return max_points;
        }
    };

M

While you appear to have a one off error based off your answer, that is a coincidence. You have a pair of errors in your code.

The first I found was:

slope = (double)((points[k].y - points[i].y) / (points[k].x - points[i].x));

You are storing the slope as a double, but not until after you've done integer division to get it, so every slope is currently a whole number. Switch to:

slope = (double)(points[k].y - points[i].y) / (points[k].x - points[i].x);

in order to get the slightly different slopes.

Your second error was:

max_points = duplicate + 1;

This causes each round to completely overwrite the previous ones, and therefore is returning the max number of points on a line containing the final point. Remove this or add an overall recorder in addition to the current round-based one, and correct the slope calculation and it should be accepted.

Looks like your connection to LeetCode Discuss was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.